BFSTL supports Black-led nonprofit organizations serving Black children, youth, adults, and families in the St. Louis metropolitan area primarily but not limited to St. Louis City and St. Louis County through:
- Grants and financial support
- Capacity building
BFSTL began awarding grants in 2017.
Awards To Date
Total Number of Grant Recipients
Amount Awarded To Date
Total Dollars Allocated to Black-led Nonprofits
- Organizations are required to have an African American as the Executive Director, President, or corresponding lead position.
- Mission alignment with BFSTL goals and civic engagement
- Services provided in the St. Louis Metropolitan area (Missouri- primary focus St. Louis City and St. Louis County)
- Must be a 501(c)(3)
2020 Focus Areas & Grant Size
- General operating and/or programming support for organizations focused on Civic Engagement (definition).
- Applicants may request up to $5,000.