BFSTL supports black-led nonprofit organizations serving black children, youth, adults, and families in the St. Louis metropolitan area primarily but not limited to St. Louis City and St. Louis County through:
- Capacity building
- Grants and financial support
- Volunteer activities
To date, BFSTL has awarded $10,250 in grants to seven recipients.
- Organizations are required to have an African American as the Executive Director, President, or corresponding lead position.
- Mission alignment with BFSTL goals and civic engagement
- Services provided in the St. Louis Metropolitan area (Missouri- primary focus St. Louis City and St. Louis County)
- Must be a 501(c)(3)
2020 Focus Areas & Grant Size
- General operating and/or programming support for organizations focused on Civic Engagement (definition).
- Applicants may request up to $5,000.