Active 3 weeks, 2 days ago
You might be wondering what exactly it means to be strong. Is it just about being robust? If not, what exactly is it? Ask yourself, Do you ever get the feeling of being hopeless and unworthy? Do you find it difficult every day to get out of bed in the morning soon after you wake up? Do you find yourself uninterested in everyday activities such as going to work or spending time with family and friends? If yes, you could be suffering from depression. But don’t worry – you can always take help from Family therapy West Palm Beach.
You would be surprised to know that according to an estimate, 3.8% of the world population suffers from depression, including 5% of adults and 5.7% over 60 years old. Over 350 million individuals worldwide suffer from depression. However, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Many people are either unaware of what depression is or refuse to seek therapy for their symptoms.
There are specific symptoms that distinguish depression from the sadness that we all experience from time to time. Let’s take a look at the signs of depression to get the full picture :
1. Hopeless outlook – The most prevalent symptom of depression is having a hopeless or helpless outlook on life. Other feelings may include worthlessness, self-hatred, or excessive guilt. The person always thinks “It’s all my fault”.
2. Loss of interest – Depression might make it difficult for you to enjoy the things you used to enjoy. A lack of interest in previously enjoyed activities such as sports, hobbies, or social outings is a telltale sign of depression.
3. Disturbed sleep cycle and increased fatigue – Depression could lead to insomnia or excessive sleeping. It often comes with a lack of energy and a feeling of fatigue.
4. Appetite and weight fluctuations – This experience differs from person to person. Some of them will have an increased appetite and gain weight, while others won’t be hungry and will lose weight.
5. Irrational feelings – Depression can cause excessive mood swings. Nothing outside of you caused the shift, but your emotions are constantly shifting. At one point you burst out of anger and in a flash, you start crying.
6. Looking at death – Depression can lead to suicide in the worst-case scenario. Every year, around 700,000 people die by suicide. Suicide is the fourth highest cause of death among those aged 15 to 29. If you think someone is at immediate risk of self-harm or hurting another person Call your local emergency number, Stay with the person until help arrives, Remove any guns, or knives, and most importantly listen to them but don’t judge, argue, or threaten.
If you have any of the above symptoms and are depressed frequently, you should seek medical help. You can take Depression therapy from West Palm Beach. Depression counselors can be found in Palm Beach who can assist you in comprehending your emotions, working with your symptoms, and providing support during this difficult time.
There are a lot of other individuals out there that have been in your shoes or are currently feeling the same way you are. As someone rightly said, “Life is 10 percent what you experience and 90 percent how you respond to it.” So, don’t feel bad about it, come out, talk to people and seek help.
For more information, please visit http://www.therapistinwestpalmbeach.com.